Student Comment of the Week: “Great practice, makes me smile ?. Ashlea is the very best at helping me work on better techniques and refining the dancing, reinforcing the steps. This is why we won!!” -TM
Meet Ashlea Ross:
The 2017 Ballroom Blast was an amazing kick-off to the National Dance Clubs’ competition season, filled with all the enthusiasm and energy we have come to know and love. Everyone performed spectacularly! The rewards of competition are numerous: the cheering of the crowd, the boost to your dancing, the camaraderie of the team,the sense of accomplishment, and the more tangible awards. Here are the results of the overall competition.
Top Junior Male – Aiden Carbine
Top Junior Female – Natalya McCaskill
Top Youth Male – Josiah McCaskill
Top Youth Female – Linda Gail Rutland
Top Newcomer Male – Kendall Bennett
Top Newcomer Female – Ruth Calhoun
Top Newcomer Amateur Couple
Kendall & Susan Bennett
Top Bronze Male – Tony Martin
Top Bronze Female
Iron Man Award
Top Bronze Amateur Couple
Top Bronze Spectacular
Jim and Beverly Calder
Top Silver Male
Top Silver Solo Male
Top Silver Spectacular Male
Top Silver Female
Top Silver Solo Female
Top Spec Overall
OVERALL Multi Dance Champion
Top Silver Spectacular Female
Top Gold Female – Dorris Ziehr
Top Student Overall Champion
Top Bronze Spectacular Female
Top Bronze Solo Male – Bobby Dail
Top Bronze Solo Female – Amanda Ances
Top Gold Solo Female – Emily Brannon
Top Solo Overall – Mary Heath
Top Gold Spectacular Female – Ethel Kawamura
B2 Smooth & Rhythm
Marianna Perratta Brenda Davis Janet Fulton
C1 Smooth & Rhythm
Marianna Perratta Brenda Davis Jim Calder
C2 Smooth & Rhythm
Jim Calder Pat Houseman Bev Calder
Mr. Peters Award – Stefani Cinto
Brandon Hardison Award – Staz Dawson
1st Vincent & Chelsea
2nd David & Stefani
3rd Alfie & Sloan
1st Carl & Christa
2nd Andrew & Kristin
3rd Staz & Jackie
1st Alfie & Sloan
2nd Staz & Jackie
1st Vincent & Chelsea
1st Orlando & Mary Rose
2nd Jordan & Kyrie
3rd Abram & Megan
1st Will & Mersey
2nd Ben & Megan
3rd Jordan & Madison
Top Teacher Overall
David Westover Alfred Perratta Riley Wingate
Our next big competition is Music City Invitational coming in March. See you there!
The National Dance Clubs is gearing up for our Ballroom Blast this Friday! The blast is a local NDC dance competition that gives students an opportunity to stretch their dance wings a little more and to immerse themselves in the sparkle and magic of the world of ballroom. When you start learning to dance, most people can hardly believe they can become comfortable, confident social dancers, let alone do anything else like a routine or a competition. Not only can everyone do these things, there are many great reasons to do so.
- You will get the chance to revel in the demonstration of your achievements and get a sense of pride in your accomplishments.
- You will be able to express and shnce it is cloare your love of dancing with others. And sise to home, family and friends can come cheer you on.
- The opportunity to observe other dancers both at your dance level and above is both fun and instructive.
- Your dancing will gain an additional sense of purpose and excitement.
- You can indulge in the opportunity to dress to the nines and feel like royalty for the day.
- You will be able to embrace the challenge and motivation of preparing for a specific goal and learning faster because of it.
- Competing will upgrade the quality level of your dancing.
- It will also add confidence and presence to your dancing beyond what you can get from lessons and practice sessions.
- You will experience the burst of adrenaline and excitement you get when facing a challenge and prevailing over it.
- You will be a part of your studio team; your results will contribute to the studio score, and you will be a valuable cheerleader for your fellow competitors.
- No matter what your level, you can help inspire others to try something new and embrace a challenge.
- You will enjoy the camaraderie of fellow dancers in a festive environment: food, fun, dancing, friends—who can ask for more!
If you cannot compete, please come and be a part of the team! We would really love everyone who is a part of the National Dance Clubs to be there and be a part of the fun!
“Tania is very fun and positive! I really enjoyed the lesson. She did a very good job at explaining the basics of dancing. Can’t wait for more!”